Monday 15 June 2015

T-4days!

Morning readers!

The last few weeks have been busy and difficult but with only 4 days to go until the course starts I am getting all the last bits of paperwork in place. 

Over the past few months I have had to make some payments required before you even start the course totalling £10,000. I have also had to buy an iPad in order to download the groundschool syllabus containing 14 books. From what I can tell so far they all look fairly interesting but what strikes me is the amount of content there is to cover! It's going to be a busy 6 months. 

In the last few weeks I have finished working at Glyn school as a Learning Support Assistant, left 618 Volunteer Gliding Squadron and finished my Air Cadet career after 6 years (picture below). 


323 (Epsom and Ewell) Air Cadet Squadron
It's definitely not easy leaving things behind but now it's full speed ahead before I start later this week. Over the past few weeks I have been getting the various insurance schemes in place that you need before you start the course including loss of medical, loss of training expenses and life insurance. I have never had to read so many terms and conditions in my life! But with all that in place now, I am starting to think about packing for the move down to Southampton. I have been given my accommodation details so it is all getting very real now. 

Not too many training related topics to talk about in this post I'm afraid. I hope to post again at the end of this week and talk about how the Meet and Greet day and the first Airline Preparation Day went as well as the move into my accommodation so that's all for now!

5 comments:

  1. You sound extremely happy Jamie ✈✈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill,

      I can't quite believe its all happening now for real!

      Delete
  2. Jamie, do you have an e-mail address, that I could contact you on, and ask you a few questions about the scheme? (I am looking to apply for the next intake) :) Elliott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elliott,

      If you email me at jamiesmart007@gmail.com and I'll to my best to answer your questions as soon as I can. Training is busy this week!

      Many thanks,
      Jamie

      Delete
  3. Dear Jamie, thank you so much for your quick reply.

    I have sent a few questions, to the e-mail address you provided; I look forward to hearing from you.

    With my very best wishes,

    Elliott

    ReplyDelete