Sunday 21 June 2015

Easing us in gently...

Hello Everyone,

So this week I have officially become a CTC Cadet pilot. On Thursday I drove down with my family for a Meet and Greet day in Southampton. It was a good day where we were able to meet the people that were going to be influential to my success here over the next 18 months. I also got to meet the rest of the course cadets and my house mates (Henry, Tom and Yvar, pictured below) who I will be living with whilst in ground school over the next 6 months.

From Left to Right: Yvar, Tom and Henry

After the meet and greet we were issued with our house keys and have been settling in over the past couple of days. The house is nice and has 5 bedrooms, a kitchen/dining area and two bathrooms. There is no TV which is probably best as I don't think I would get very good results in ground school otherwise!

My bedroom for the next 6 months

After going out for lunch with my family on Thursday, they went home leaving me 'properly' on my own. Thursday evening was a chance for all of the group to meet up. There are 22 of us on the course; 10 easyJet cadets, 6 Virgin Atlantic cadets and 7 Dutch guys from a flight school in Holland. We all seem to be gelling really quickly and there is some top banter already!

Friday was our first day in uniform (picture below). It was really exciting and a bit surreal to finally be putting the uniform on! The day at CTC, known as APD1 or Airline Preparation day was all about finding our way around CTC as well as finding out a bit more about each other and talking about our expectations for the course, both hopes and fears. It was really nice to see that the fears I had about the course, especially ground school, were the same as other people's fears. Friday evening (and Saturday morning!) was spent going out as a group again and making the most of the free time before we hit the ground running this week.

My first day in uniform!

This weekend has been spent getting bits and bobs for the house, planning the weeks meals and getting the food shopping as well as chilling out together before we find ourselves with pretty much no free time!

My next post will be talking about the first week of ground school and how it's gone. Feel free to comment and ask any questions and I'll get back to you when I can! 

1 comment:

  1. Laura Dowswell18 July 2015 at 10:14

    Almost didn't recognise you in the uniform but it really suits you!

    ReplyDelete